Search found 27 matches

by willko
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:14 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Saving imported NZB files with obfisctaed/scrambled names
Replies: 2

Re: Saving imported NZB files with obfisctaed/scrambled name

Hi Alex, Just a follow up because I think my original post was not clear - maybe should be in feature request..? So, I've been using NZBGeeks service for a while now - quite useful. Many of their NZB files are for "Scrambled" & "Obfuscated" files (e.g. latest Stranger.Things....
by willko
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Saving imported NZB files with obfisctaed/scrambled names
Replies: 2

Saving imported NZB files with obfisctaed/scrambled names

Hi Alex, Hope all is well! Many thanks for latest updates - awesome as usual! Quick question re: 5.1 feature: " Added option Edit menu -> Properties ->Search/Import, Import options, Collection name out of nzb name, so the custom collection will use the nzb name instead of the post subject."...
by willko
Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:14 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: New version download
Replies: 1

New version download

Hi Alex,

When UE prompts me to download new version I am getting a 404 error on the link...?

http://www.usenetexplorer.com/ue5reg64.exe

Is above the correct URL?

Thanks!!
by willko
Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:12 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Problems with a.b.moovee & a.b.teevee
Replies: 3

Re: Problems with a.b.moovee & a.b.teevee

Thanks Alex!

Spot on as usual.
Issue sorted.
by willko
Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:34 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Problems with a.b.moovee & a.b.teevee
Replies: 3

Problems with a.b.moovee & a.b.teevee

Hi Alex, Just notice that in last 24hrs both of these groups have become completely cludged with spam.. Do you have any news/info as to whats going on? This attack has completely hung UE for me (first time ever - hence the post here). I know its not a UE issue & someone's obviously blasting thes...
by willko
Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:54 pm
Forum: Search service
Topic: Search failed (7)
Replies: 6

Re: Search failed (7)

All good here - many thanks Alex!
by willko
Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:14 pm
Forum: Search service
Topic: Search failed (7)
Replies: 6

Re: Search failed (7)

me 3...

BTW, still the best dang usenet reader ever created!
by willko
Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:22 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: right click -> Delete All Headers by this Author feature.
Replies: 11

Re: right click -> Delete All Headers by this Author feature

Alex, the Blacklist feature is AWESOME!! and I love the author quick filter!! Once again you've outdone yourself and UE remains the best of the best!!! Many thanks :D
by willko
Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:38 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Is there a way to export the newsgoups I'm subscribed to?
Replies: 1

Is there a way to export the newsgoups I'm subscribed to?

Hi all, I want to clean up my UE installation and was wondering if there's a way to export then import all the newsgroups I'm subscribed to? Just the groups names that is, not the content - I'll re-download all the headers of course. I've got an issue with UE freezing when I uncheck "Use Nicks&...
by willko
Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Headers per server (range) all others" question
Replies: 1

Headers per server (range) all others" question

Hi all,

re: "Headers per server (range) / All others"

What exactly does the "retain/delete all others" setting do?

I have header retrieval set to All ATM & retain all others as default for all groups - if this was delete what would that effect?

many thanks
by willko
Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:06 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Limit RAM usage "stuck" at 300?
Replies: 1

Limit RAM usage "stuck" at 300?

Hi Alex Just curious really as performance is great with 3.04,.. but I can't help but feel like sometime with a recent UE update my "limit RAM usage" has been throtled at 300...? Have you some new methods at work here? My rig has 16GB RAM so I was wondering what factors might affect the 30...
by willko
Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Message-ID filter - help please
Replies: 1

Message-ID filter - help please

Hi all (alex) I'm having an issue with the message-id filter. To demonstrate I've created a basic filter with "hurricane" in the message-id contains criteria. Normally I would use this in negation but for the purposes of the test I'm using it as a select filter. I would normally apply this...
by willko
Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:57 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Save window does sometimes not appear in 64 bit version
Replies: 8

Not sure if this will help, but I recall that: VIEW -> Windows Visual Themes == I think I remember that if unchecked in Vista/Win7 x64 it gave me some issues with import to save dialog popups...? Probably just me though... Easy enough to check so please forgive me if I'm being ignorant :oops: Sorry ...
by willko
Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 am
Forum: Support
Topic: No such article error and duplicate file auto-rename
Replies: 8

OK, I think I understand now. :roll: -> :idea: = :D I did have Duplicate file names set to "Auto-rename" & "Overwrite" for the Save & Unpack option - now I have both set for "overwrite". The "Retry failed tasks" option is set to 60 mins now in props->t...
by willko
Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:20 am
Forum: Support
Topic: No such article error and duplicate file auto-rename
Replies: 8

No such article error and duplicate file auto-rename

Hi all, I've started to have an issue with UE downloading multiple copies of a file that has the "430 No such file on server error". For example I used the Integrated Indexing (super search) to find season one of "The Wire" - imported the result and scheduled the download (about ...