random stoppage of downloads

levvel

random stoppage of downloads?

Post by levvel »

ramdom stoppage of downloads, headers or article bodies, for anywhere from a minute to a day or more. tried other newsreaders...no problem with the server. if i cancel a task in task manager, the new task that appears starts to download fine. if i cancel them all, the new ones all start to download fine. until it happens again, which is quite frequent.
alex

Post by alex »

i singled out the question since it well might be not the same issue.

first of all check it with at least two different news servers.

if it happens only with one of them it is a news server problem, try to uncheck "keep alive" in properties->general and probably reduce read timeout value in properties->tasks (i think it is there) to several seconds.

if it happens with both servers - it is something on your end, might be firewall, antivirus or alike or router, try to check on large p2p sites i saw they discuss such issues in detail for every particular brand of hardware and software, since it is malfunction beyond the application level not much can be done about it (for example a "fix" if network activity stops completely when you pause tasks in UE is set non-zero, although some small bandwidth in properties->tasks).