Usenet Explorer

Forums
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: quick filter and search service bars are now autoresized
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 am 

"Feature" in 5.1:

- The quick filter and search service bars are now autoresized to match the width of the program window.

Why??? I have a 2K monitor. I don't need a twelve inch wide search bar with the Days/Dates box another twelve inches away lol. I'm gonna get tennis elbow :lol:

Can you please revert this or at least make it optional? Or allow those two bars to be manually resized and sticky?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: quick filter and search service bars are now autoresized
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:07 am 

The windows control is not resizable, could be done, but too much effort, the easiest would be the on/off option or to limit the maximum size to the current size.

If you need it badly because of other added features I can recompile, if not urgent I'll figure something out by the next release.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 am 

It should work in 5.1.2, it was too risky to use third party code with the grip bar (windows doesn't have native support for resizing), so I made it simpler with an option, see release notes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:29 am 

Quote:
v5.1.2 -- It is now possible to set the maximum size of the quick filter and search service bars to less than the UE window width (View menu -> Size filter/search bars).

I followed the instructions, and I get a little notice telling me I can resize the windows . . . HOW?! I see no handles to drag and no dialog box for values. I want my old normal sized windows back, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do.

EDIT: Okay. You need to say this:

"Resize the ENTIRE application window until the search and filter bars reach the size you want; then click this message to save that setting. When you return the application to its original size, the search and filter bars will not scale with it."

For idiots like me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:16 am 

I'll check it towards the next release. The current directions are not as clear, those first two sentences should fit in the message box.