SabNzbd

poma5

SabNzbd

Post by poma5 »

I am recently starting to see many posts that because of the way that they are posted, they can only be downloaded with a newsreader program called sabnzbd. I do not yet understand the exact reasons that the posts are not able to be downloaded by Usenet Explorer but all that I get when downloading one of these posts is two of the RAR files and a bunch of Par files. When I manually run the PAR files through Multipar I get two rar files and that is it.

I tried to post an NZB file that needs sabnzbd to download the post but the forum will not allow me to attach it to my post. Alex how can I send this NZB to you so that you know what is needed so that Usenet Explorer can download these posts and decode them without sabnzbd?

https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/

I do not know what software was used to post these posts as sabnzbd is only a down-loader software.

Can you figure out what is different with the posts that does not allow Usenet Explorer to properly download them?

Thanks,

Poma5
alex

Re: SabNzbd

Post by alex »

Just email me the example alexbirj at gmail dot com
alex

Post by alex »

He lists all files with the same name, so UE combines or ignores those files which have the same number of parts.

I will try to add something like (1) (2) (3) etc.

Also there is no way to avoid downloading all par2 files as we don't know files contain unless they are downloaded.
poma5

Post by poma5 »

From what I gather each file part is also posted to different newsgroups in a way that it makes it very difficult for the DMCA to find and order a take down of the post.

I do not know the specifics of the methods but the method of posting is starting to get more and more popular because the DMCA is getting quicker at requesting take downs with the Usenet Companies. Sometimes now withing an hour of being posted.

I for one will not be upset if I have to get all of the par files as I have 7 different Usenet Servers of various speeds and capacity for how long they keep posts on the server. Most of them are unlimited with only a few that I buy by the block. Usenet Explorers ability to set priorities on each server really helps me usually find what I am looking for no matter how old.

Thank You for looking into this Alex. :D

Poma5
alex

Post by alex »

i'll add it in the next release.

i attached the file check if it works.

let me know when downloaded, as i remove larger attachments from here.
poma5

Post by poma5 »

I have downloaded your zip file and will let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Poma5
poma5

Post by poma5 »

The downloaded post using the original NZB downloaded perfectly. I did notice that the UE file that you gave me to download is 32bit. Will you be offering this in 64bit version when you release your next version of Usenet Explorer?

Thank You,

Poma5
alex

Post by alex »

It is in the new release.
poma5

Post by poma5 »

Thank You for your quick response and solution to the problem.

poma5