Problem With Docking Task Manager

Stoker

Problem With Docking Task Manager

Post by Stoker »

I'd like to thank you Alex for your work on UE. Great app!

I'm having trouble with the docking task manager. After initally working as expected for several days, I can no longer click on the tab "Task manager" and restore the task manager window after I click on the downward pointing 'thumb tack' icon. The only way I can restore the window is to click on the task manager icon on the toolbar.

I've tried changing themes; different combinations of docking workspace, docking task manager, and tabbed frame; upgrading to 1.01 - all to no effect.

As I said, it did work for me for several days. The only thing I can think of is this: I did have a UE crash (circumstances of which I can no longer recall but trace should have been uploaded to you) that may have precipitated my problems.

Any suggestions?
alex

Post by alex »

if you had a crash with v1.01 i don't have it, nothing comes in right now.

try to move mouse over where you saw the task manager in the last time, the cursor should change shape to something like
^
=
V
then drag it and you'll see the docking task manager again.

if you cannot find it delete api.xml in the database settings directory, all api files are interface related and so can be deleted, the only thing in api.ini there is shortcut section if you have defined your own shortcuts you need to keep this section.

it is all graphic library garbage, all vital settings are in reg.dat :)
Stoker

Post by Stoker »

I couldn't find the cursor. I deleted api.xml and restarted UE. Magic! My docking task manager is working again!

If your interested, I do have the log.txt file documenting the crash that I had mentioned in my prior post. That occured with v1.00.

Thanks Alex for your timely attention to my problem.
alex

Post by alex »

one problem slipped through quite harsh pre-release tests and i fixed it in v1.0 so i mostly interested in v1.01 crashes but right now nothing.

removing all microsoft garbage seems to be the key for writing reliable software.