Watch Filters and Save Directory

idiot

Watch Filters and Save Directory

Post by idiot »

When I use a watch filter and set the save directory (network share save), the watch works, the save works. However, unlike in the download article tasks, there is no question asked "Do you want to delete bodies and headers after save" (or something close to that). So, the save went to the network share just fine. But it also saved in the Usenet directory somewhere (status line that shows Disk free space reduced by approximately the size of the downloaded atttachment).

So it is in two locations - the network share, and the Usenet directory structure. I would like for it to automatically delete bodies/headers after successful save to network share. Is there a setting somewhere that I am overlooking?
idiot

Post by idiot »

Perhaps I located the answer. I unchecked the "Ask for delete" option in "properties, articles, save queue" section. It appears now to automatically delete the file after saving to the network share. Unless there is some other way????
Leechmonkey

Post by Leechmonkey »

In my case, It's set to not ask and just delete bodies.

The watch feature will obey this setting.
alex

Post by alex »

yes maybe we need an option to force deleting (when ask for delete is not checked) while in "silent" modes, i think it does it with nzb folder import already, or make it behaving always like that.

i'm just working with this code right now, i'll try to make it more clear.
idiot

Post by idiot »

Unless I managed to modify the default settings, the default on setup for UE was to "Ask for delete", as well as "Delete headers" and "Delete bodies" (this was checked but greyed out; presumably if you delete header, you want to delete bodies as well). This has worked fine for the past couple of months as I have worked with filters and applied them on the newsgroups, then selected the headers of interest, then download and save attachments. A dialog would pop up asking if you wanted to delete headers/bodies, to which I always replied yes.

When you use that filter as a watch filter, however, you do not get the option to say delete headers/bodies, if the default "Ask for delete" is checkmarked. Particularly if a download path is specified, it should override that "default" to delete bodies/headers after save attachments in Watch mode.