Filter does not exclude posts made to secondary newsgroups

Neillithan

Filter does not exclude posts made to secondary newsgroups

Post by Neillithan »

Hi, the title may not be fully understandable, so I will attempt to explain it.

Whenever you do a search for something (e.g. *.flac), it will pull up a list of results from any and all newsgroups.

If I attempt to narrow the search results list by using the filter bar, specifically by newsgroup, it works but not as well as expected.

If I type ^metal into the Newsgroups filter box, this should remove all posts made to newsgroups containing the word "metal" and for the most part it does... however it does not take into account extra newsgroups.

If someone posts the same file to multiple newsgroups, separated by a comma... (i.e. alt.binaries.sounds.lossless, alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.metal), the filter will not exclude that particular post. The reason is because the newsgroup containing the word "metal" comes after the first newsgroup.

I'm guessing. There could be something entirely different causing this, but I am pretty sure that is the reason.

Is there a way that I can make the search filter exclude secondary newsgroups? If not, may I suggest that this feature be incorporated into the next version of Usenet Explorer?

Thanks,
-Neil