Searching for the missing headers

yorkey

Searching for the missing headers

Post by yorkey »

Please be gentle and don't burn me at the stake. Virgin UE users. I have been usenet users since 2003. I started with IE reader. I had to use all helps manually. Next I moved up to xnews. A whole lot better but still requires a lot of after the fact downloading manipulation to get a file final product. I decided to take the plunge and step up to a new more robust program. What atrracted me to Usenet Explorer was its ability to handing large number of headers without bogging down my system, handling multiple servers, nbz files and search service.

I D/L UE unzipped it and got through the intial stages. Question 1. Is there a text manual that I could read or get my hands onto? I learn better by reading. I have subscribed to the first newsgroup. When my mouse hoovers over the name it shows that it is empty. Have I done something incorrectly? Should it not show files(headers) available. a numeric value? The next step I took was highlighed the newsgroup name right clicked the mouse and chose opena nd get new headers. well it opens up a new window with the newsgroup name and the drive I wanted the files to down load in The file name window is blinking at me. Iguess it is looking for a file name but it beats the living daylights out of me what it is. So I just press the open button and it nothing happens. I understsnd the learning curve on this program requires a blood sacrifice. Not due at the red cross center for several months. I hope someone understands my quandry. This forum only gave me Brit English option and I am a yank from across the pond. Big time all things UK lover. I guess UE just requires a few more cm of my bum.
yorkey

Re: Searching for the missing headers

Post by yorkey »

Just let everyone know that once I deleted the subscribed groups closed the program and then subscribed again eureka headers glorious. must of have done something wrong. Oh the joys of new things.