Max nr of headers/Gbyte ram?

mrqaffe

Max nr of headers/Gbyte ram?

Post by mrqaffe »

I'm running UE 64 on win7 64 and i cant get al headers from the large groups, UE shuts down or craches when i try, i newer seen UE allocate large amunts of ram, it stops somwhere around 2Gbyte +
i want to get al headers or know if there is a limit in the number of headers it can handle so i then can limit the retention.
i normaly have at least 3-4Gbyte of ram free if i look in taskmanager in win when UE stops geting headers and i have alot of free space on my databasedisk. if i look att "allocated" in taskbar it wont go over 2.3 GByte.
alex

Re: Max nr of headers/Gbyte ram?

Post by alex »

nothing special around 2GB.

for 64 bit version UE can allocate up to 8GB as header storage.

try to test memory for errors, it is usually the cause why the program would crash.

check log.txt if there is crash log there, if you see something there email log to me.
Nazgul

Post by Nazgul »

alex wrote:nothing special around 2GB.

for 64 bit version UE can allocate up to 8GB as header storage.
I'm running the 64bit version and my header storage seems to be limited to around 2GB. More than that and it suspends header tasks. Is there a setting I need to change?
NoNo

Post by NoNo »

I'm clueless about settings for that memory issue but I got UE running at 2.75GB allocated / 3.35GB reserved and 3.800.672KB working set in windows resource monitor.
It might be interesting to state what particular group(s)/retention you guys use.
mrqaffe

Post by mrqaffe »

alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 with natural retention (about 1100 days) gives me trouble, it uses about 32,6Gbyte on disk.
NoNo

Post by NoNo »

Did you have an overflow like in the picture?
ue_a.b.h.x264_overflow.jpg
ue_a.b.h.x264_overflow.jpg (10.3 KiB) Viewed 11662 times
I had 34,356,364,009 bytes for that particular cnt.dat when I tested to have around 1063days of headers up to 79days when it stop.
Only 825MB allocated/973MB reserved in UE for 1.032.141.261 headers (and 1.125.712 bytes working set in win7 resource monitor).
I invoked "Compact storage" and resume getting headers and it stalled with same overflow a few seconds later (cndt.dat size didn't change)
Well guess it's more a limit on file rather than RAM.
alex

Post by alex »

There is a limit on the file size, just compacting won't change much.

I remember the size was increased already from 4GB to 32GB.

I can still increase it further, but only if database format will change, now it is rather balanced given the rest (CPU/RAM/disk bandwidth considerations etc).
mrqaffe

Post by mrqaffe »

Is there a way to translate the 32Gbyte database maxsize to a number of headers or another way to maximize retention and keep UE stable?
Some sort of stop mechanism so that it dont download more headers when the size gets to 32Gbyte would be nice.
I guess that my problems is from this limitation and not from running out of ram.