Task Manager

boston62

Task Manager

Post by boston62 »

Alex,
if you kill a download in the task manager, and if you don't also kill it in the queue, it will continue downloading, why not have the task manager just kill it complete, instead of having to kill it in two places? Like to see the Queue shared in the same window with the Task Manager, would be convient, if not to much trouble. Thanks for a great program.
alex

Re: Task Manager

Post by alex »

Are you trying to cancel downloads or delete bodies from the article panel?

It should be the same where you do invoke, in the header list (by queued do you mean queued filter?) or in the task manager, downloads are cancelled everywhere.
boston62

Post by boston62 »

alex wrote:Are you trying to cancel downloads or delete bodies from the article panel?

It should be the same where you do invoke, in the header list (by queued do you mean queued filter?) or in the task manager, downloads are cancelled everywhere.

If I delete it in the Task Manager, it will continue to download, because it's still in the Edit>Queue, if I Cancel it in the Queue, then it will still be listed in the Task Manager, this is what I am doing now, Cancel it in the Queue, then Delete the files in the Task Manager. Is this right?

I just thought it would be nice to just cancel the download in the Task Manager, then this would remove it also from the Queue, which it's not now doing now.
alex

Post by alex »

What task manager pane are you using to cancel downloads?

If you select downloads in the "Articles" pane and then press Esc, or invoke Cancel or Delete Bodies from the context menu - the downloads will be cancelled, they will disappear also from the Queued view.