PAR sets false incomplete

haskellpowre

PAR sets false incomplete

Post by haskellpowre »

I have noticed that if PAR files are not placed in the end of collection the set and whole collection are marked as incomplete. Is it OK or it's a bug? I am using UE 4.4 (32bit).
Here is an example:
Clipboard Image.png
Clipboard Image.png (72.17 KiB) Viewed 8808 times
NZB file is attached.
Attachments
PAR_sets.rar
(878 Bytes) Downloaded 603 times
alex

Re: PAR sets false incomplete

Post by alex »

Maybe it has something to do that all or some files in par2 set are singles.

UE discerns the "zero" .par2 file and it may have a different file number with collection still shown as complete.

I'll check it out.
haskellpowre

Post by haskellpowre »

I speculated a bit more and I think that position of pars in collection is not an issue, and it has nothing to do with size of articles. This problem appears when main par file is positioned after par volumes in the collection. As you can see in the "abc_04" collection, par file goes before other par volumes and everything is ok. Some posting programs does not sort files, just adding them as they came from FindFile.
alex

Post by alex »

no, the position of zero file doesn't matter by design, just when all singles there is such effect, otherwise i would see it earlier, this collection is not common.

i know the function i need to fix i'll pm you next week when done.
alex

Post by alex »

I've fixed that and reuploaded the files.

While holding the ctrl key invoke help menu->about you should see version number 4.4c.

You are right, the issue was not related to single/partial, it was when the zero (non-vol) .par2 file number was more than one higher than the .vol .par2 file numbers, but it worked in the rest of cases (the only requirement UE still has the .vol par2 files numbering should be continuous).

It is not typical to see posts first .vol par2 files then data files then .par2 zero file, usually it is the opposite.
haskellpowre

Post by haskellpowre »

I know this is more like posting programs issue, but it is always nice to have some extra flexibility. Thank you for support, alex!
alex

Post by alex »

if you notice anything else let me know it will be fixed faster :)