Latest freezes on me - right click"download and save"

Cynyster

Latest freezes on me - right click"download and save"

Post by Cynyster »

Wow!!! I almost never have problems with UE anymore. :D
But I am not sure if it is due to Window Blinds or the new UE version.(it still freezes when both are disabled, but I have not uninstalled them)
When I right click a collection and choose "download & save" the dialog that allows me to save... frequently does not show.
Opening up the task manager shows that UE is not responding (it does not say so in the title bar of the app)

The funny thing is: It does not freeze up if I use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+D)
It also does not lock up if I only right click an article and don't choose anything.
I have defined folders for each news group so when I choose download and save it goes to a specific folder (based on the group) and then I can create a sub folder to save.

I am now running UE on windows 8.1 with Start8, window blinds and windows FX (because I can't stand the new Modern interface)
I also have UE on its own HD (if I do manage to fill up 2TB then it won't crash the computer)

Let me know if I can help describe the issue better.

As always, AWESOME product Alex :D
Life without Music would be a Mistake!
alex

Re: Latest freezes on me - right click"download and save"

Post by alex »

You can just check with previous UE versions, look at the bottom of the download page.

The shortcut should have the same effect as invoking the option through the context menu.

You may also try to move api.* files from the UE settings directory to see if it makes any difference (unlikely).
Cynyster

Post by Cynyster »

Moving the API files seems to have worked.'I'll keep you posted :)
Cynyster

Post by Cynyster »

It seems the issue is back. and removing the API files did not resolve the issue this time.
Cynyster

Post by Cynyster »

Apparently There is some sort of conflict between UE and WindowBlinds.
I have uninstalled Windowblinds and the issue disappears.