Kaspersky deleted UE.exe

Zen

Kaspersky deleted UE.exe

Post by Zen »

For information, Kaspersky 2016 ver 16.0.0.614(d) keeps deleting my executable \Desktop\UE.exe v4.9.5 (64bit). I'm running on Windows 10. So I just added it to Kaspersky's exclusion list.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this, or knows what Kaspersky feels is wrong with UE...

Thanks
alex

Re: Kaspersky deleted UE.exe

Post by alex »

I'll contact them again, there was the same problem in the past.
alex

Post by alex »

I sent the download URL here:

https://newvirus.kaspersky.com

If it happens with the latest version let me know I'll check if there is another way to contact their support.

The resolved issue in the past was not with Kaspersky, it was Symantec.
Zen

Post by Zen »

Oh dear, started happening again. I'm now on later Kaspersky, this time version 16.0.1.445 (c); also running latest version of UE v4.9.6 (64bit).

As before, I've added UE.exe to the list of allowed applications. But Kaspersky still aborts the running UE.exe application and then deletes the .exe file from my desktop; but I can't predict when, I've often been running fine for days, then suddendly "bang". So maybe it's not the application per se, but something it does for example during file repair, unrar, or some such?
alex

Post by alex »

I've sent them the download URL again.

When I upload the files to their online scanner it indicates they are "safe".

Try to contact their support.
Zen

Post by Zen »

Thanks Alex. I will try Kaspersky support. Though I don't think it's the program's signature, rather something it does occasionally. As I said, all can be working fine for days, then suddenly, in the midst of running, Kaspersky suddenly and without warning aborts the active UE process and deletes UE.exe.
JoeV

Post by JoeV »

I just experienced this. Using Kaspersky Internet Security 17.0.0.611 (b) and UE.exe version 4.9.7. I had downloaded several files, no problems, suddenly Kaspersky kills UE.exe, puts it in quarantine and says "Application performing dangerous activity characteristic of malware".

I've been using it without problems for awhile. I think rather than the file being infected, Kaspersky thinks the program is malware based on its behavior. A quick scan of the machine shows nothing is wrong.