ue deletes first .rar file after repair, before unrar, fails

joesloppy

ue deletes first .rar file after repair, before unrar, fails

Post by joesloppy »

I have noticed the last few sets of files I have downloaded from a.b.triballs with the goofy names, ue will repair the files then show the first rar in the set it repaired, but before it unrars, the first .rar file is deleted and I am left with an unpack error. I have remedied this by unchecking delete par files after repair and manually run the repair with quickpar and then either right click unrar in the task manager in UE or unrar it myself with winrar. If I attempt another repair using UE, it will repair and restore the .rar first file, but again delete it before the unrar, so it just keeps failing. I had to get the par sets a few times before figuring out it was UE killing my first rar file. Maybe it is something I am doing wrong, but been using UE for a very long time, never had issues till I think this last release, I could just start over with my settings maybe and see if this fixes this, just was curious if anyone noticed this on 4.9.6 with sets mis-named, missing first rar, then repaired, then unrared. Thanks!
alex

Re: ue deletes first .rar file after repair, before unrar, f

Post by alex »

Unpack code didn't change.

Just name here or pm me subject/poster, I'll check it out.
joesloppy

Post by joesloppy »

Just a follow-up, sorry Alex, I figured it out, the video subtitles for some reason on these sets had the same rar file name after repair/rename as the video rar set itself. So UE was just overwriting the rar for the video set with the subtitle rar file and after unraring the subs, deleted the rar, leaving me with a missing rar file. Figured it out after trying to unrar and seeing a 1mb first rar with a 50mb rar set.

Just to add, it seems the 'sparks' releases have the subs in a double rar file with the 2nd rar file being the same name as the video set, and therefore overwriting the the main rar if the subs get unrared first. I see an option in the unrar section to auto-rename which may help with this.

Keep up the good work Alex. It is all good!
alex

Post by alex »

In case you didn't use the link I emailed you in April, I changed the unrar order, it should work in v4.9.7