Counting dowload amounts ?

LarryM

Counting dowload amounts ?

Post by LarryM »

I used to have a reasonable speed Internet connection, I moved out to a more "country" location and while beautiful and relaxing, my Internet speed is way down.

For a while I'd hoped it would quickly improve, but that doesn't seem to be happening so now I'm probably over paying for my Giganews service. I had the "Diamond" package, unlimited downloads with something like 20 connections. Here my thruput seems to max at just 3 connections, and sadly the interest content has plummeted so I think I can downgrade to a less expensive package - but I was very surprised when I saw how much Giganews says I'm downloading from them. Their numbers are content and headers.

So what I'd like to do is see how much is headers and how much is content. I know UE keeps track of this, is there some place that I can see what the counts are?

thanks, Larry
alex

Re: Counting dowload amounts ?

Post by alex »

I think their header bandwith is free.

There is option in edit menu->properties->servers, click on the server and uncheck "Count header bandwidth".

If you want to know both you can add second giganews server and use it only for headers and the first one only for article bodies.

As far as I know in fact they don't include header bandwidth into total.