overlaid column titles with Crossover

feralkid

overlaid column titles with Crossover

Post by feralkid »

I'm currently running UE 5.7 64bit under latest Crossover 19.0.1 on macOS 10.14.6. My problem may not be something you can help me with (because Crossover is involved).

I notice that when scrolling in a list window, like search results, UE will overlay the column titles with a line from the list. I can recapture the column titles by switching windows or sometimes scrolling down a few screens and then back to top.
I first noticed this back around UE 5.5 or 5.6. I've included a screen capture of the overlaid title fields and one with titles as they should be.

Thanks all...
Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 15.04.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 15.04.12 PM.png (46.59 KiB) Viewed 8489 times
Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 15.21.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 15.21.32 PM.png (34.03 KiB) Viewed 8489 times
alex

Re: overlaid column titles with Crossover

Post by alex »

I don't remember whether the interface code changed in v5.5.

Does v5.3 http://www.usenetexplorer.com/temp/ue53.zip have the same issue?

It is the earliest version which supports the current search protocol.

Maybe I could add redrawing the column bar, does it happen with any scrolling - arrow/page up/down buttons, mouse wheel, drag etc.?
feralkid

Post by feralkid »

The ue53 you linked to had the same problem. I tried some of the older releases I have 5.2.3 search won't work. Other releases after 5.2.3 have the problem (5.4.1 5.5.2).

Using ue 5.7.1 the problem is only in the search results window (like in earlier releases). An open newsgroup window has no problems with column titles.

Using the macbook touch pad and arrow keys has the problem ( I mainly use the Logitech devices). All scrolling - arrow/page up/down buttons, mouse wheel produces the same results. There is a slight difference in the frequency it happens with the different scrolling methods. I can eventually recover titles by switching displays between search windows or newsgroup windows. So I have a work around.

Thanks for your help.

Using Logitech MX Ergo Multi-Device Trackball
and K780 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard
with Logi Options app for configuring mouse buttons.
alex

Post by alex »

Try if this one is working properly:

http://www.usenetexplorer.com/temp/ue571b32.zip

I added header control invalidate in a function which is likely called for every scroll and near where the list control is invalidated (the latter is sufficient for windows)

I can compile 64 bit version if it solves this.

If it doesn't work I could try to move the function call further down or think about something else.
feralkid

Post by feralkid »

Initial testing using up/down arrow keys and page up/down work ok. Mouse scroll wheel does not. Titles get overlaid even on one wheel chick. Scrolling back to top the titles get refreshed most of the time not always.
I'll continue to use this test version and post anything more I discover.

Thanks,
alex

Post by alex »

Try another version:

http://www.usenetexplorer.com/temp/ue571c32.zip

I moved the invalidate header control line to after the call to the scroll function, is it working better?
feralkid

Post by feralkid »

Still overlaying. Mainly with mouse scroll wheel.

Thanks,
alex

Post by alex »

Maybe this one will work:

http://www.usenetexplorer.com/temp/ue571d32.zip

The code is only engaged when using mouse wheel for search service and task manager views, for key scroll it uses windows default behavior.

I removed all smart code, it was needed prevent blinking or scroll bar not updating could be for an older windows version, could be older than WinXP, I need to check if there is a difference.
feralkid

Post by feralkid »

--found titles overlay after clicking title to change sort. That is i.e. clicking size title to sort on size overlays title bar.