the most that I miss from NP

telex

the most that I miss from NP

Post by telex »

the most that I miss in UE from newspro are the famous bars from the taskmanager. I miss the visually representation of the speed and progress.
Eurastus

Post by Eurastus »

I must agree here. If nothing else, it was fun to look at.

I know the same information is being displayed in text mode in the Task Manager, but the bars were cool...
dengle

Post by dengle »

It's still there, just in a different format/location. If you open the task manager tab, to the right of each operation type (i.e. articles, headers, etc) there is a doublecomputer icon.

That icon will provide you ta percentage indicator for each task.
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

Personally I prefer the new display. It's easier to notice if a particular server is hanging, etc. because you don't have to click each individual bar to get more information about that thread. I think it looks a lot cleaner.
Guest 5

Post by Guest 5 »

the most that I miss in UE from newspro are the famous bars from the taskmanager. I miss the visually representation of the speed and progress
Yes I miss it too :( :( :(
hholland

Post by hholland »

The NP bars were great, but a bit more information than any of us really needed. I'd like a progress bar for headers/articles at the bottom of the windo tho. Looks like Alex has left room there for it :)

What I miss mostly (of course) is the automated download/header retrieval for groups. I'm sure it's coming later. That is what made NP so great.....
alex

Post by alex »

the blue bars are corresponding to what you see in the 'running' task manager panes designated with the green computer icons, now it just shows percentage but in other panes when relevant it gives more info like partial completion, how many bodies/errors etc.
MrEman

Post by MrEman »

Personaly I prefer the new format in UE! :D
Much more detailed info.

You could probably add a graphic type representation....
But PLEASE don't ever get rid of the detailed info... I love it!!!