UE - feature requests!

Andy

UE - feature requests!

Post by Andy »

Hi Alex,
After being a long time user of NewsPro, I've just registered for UE. I'm very impressed with it so far.

Here are a couple of ideas which you might consider for a later version.

1. Quick filter bar - how about having a checkbox to "NOT" the subject/author boxes, so that I could filter the posts that DON'T have the value I type into the subject box.

2. Newzbin search - Would it be possible to allow the search to search over the newzbin post index as well as the file index. - say I wanted to search for "Panther" - I might get thousands of headers back, which I would need to sort through. If I could first search over the post index, I might bring back four posts, of which one would be the item which I am looking for, then those headers would be imported into an import group. - or even... import all of the headers for the matched posts into the import group, but have them threaded by the post name - so that the headers were a response to the post title.

I hope that these make sense.

Many thanks once again,

Andy.
dengle

Re: UE - feature requests!

Post by dengle »

Andy wrote: 1. Quick filter bar - how about having a checkbox to "NOT" the subject/author boxes, so that I could filter the posts that DON'T have the value I type into the subject box.
The quick filter bar can utilize wildmat formatting. (google search for WILDMAT)
put a "^" before the string you do NOT want.

You can also separate multiple search paramters with the "|" (pipe)

so, for example, you want everything that has chevy but not engine in it, your search string would be similar to:

chevy|^engine

For more examples, search for Wildmat on these forums.
Andy

Re: UE - feature requests!

Post by Andy »

dengle wrote: The quick filter bar can utilize wildmat formatting.
Thankyou, yes - I had tried but it didn't work. On deeper inspection, it seems that it has to be turned on (it is off by default) in the General tab, of the Properties window.

Cheers
Andy.