Request: Changes to List View to use Groups

RDC

Request: Changes to List View to use Groups

Post by RDC »

I've searched the forum and read the postings about priority based downloading and manipulating them either via the Global View or the "move to top" in the task Manager - Articles view.

I mainly download binaries and therefor postings consist normally of 80+ artiticles. This gives a big list in whatever view you use. I was wondering if it might be possible to 'group' a certain batch of articles together.

For instance, if you select the articles for download, UE knows that you want to download them all to the same folder. This might be used to create a group in the lists. Preferably the normal +/- tree expansion/collapse symbols could be used to show/hide the articles contained in the group.

This would make a big difference in the navigation in the list views.

It would be nice if the current article being downloaded would (on its own) be displayed as a node on the tree without showing all articles of that group.

When using such a view you can define a new priority for that group without specifying the download folder again. This would save a lot of time scrolling through the list, selecting and dragging articles to the desired place.

Going on previous postings, others would probably like to make use of selecting different groups and merging them so all the articles are in one group again (with the priority and other setting based on the group from which the command to merge was called).

I know this is a lot to ask from you Alex and therefor I'm only asking you to consider it and maybe give your point of view on this request.

Thanks for your time.