Feature request: Sort by flagged

Cynyster

Feature request: Sort by flagged

Post by Cynyster »

Hi Alex and gang.
I don't how if this is even possible but let me try and explain.

When looking at the standard view (work space on the left, Task Manager at the bottom, and the group article list to the right) we see the columns for the group which shows "Flag" or status (check boxes usually) Subject, author, and so on.

If I want to change the sort from the default I specified in preferences I just click the column heading and it sorts by that (i.e. Click the subject heading and it sort by subject. Click the date column heading and it sorts by date)

When I click the flagged heading (first column) it doesn't sort by the type of flag there.

For me this would save a lot of time identifying cross posted items and items that have not finished being uploaded to the news server (partials)

Thanks Alex for the best damn news program out there.
Life without Music would be a Mistake!
alex

Post by alex »

the leftmost "status" column is not sortable.

if you check "flag" in the quick filter it will show only flagged messages ("^flag" - unflagged).
Cynyster

Post by Cynyster »

Its probably not possible but I was thinking it would be great is the status column "was" sortable. For instance all the multipart posts together and all those marked for download together.

The reason I bring it up is when downloading photos I have noticed that many geniuses post the same collection of pictures to about 100 groups. Normally I just select a series of articles in the group and select auto download. Some of these articles are already checked for download (because they were crossposted) and I am under the impression that if I select it again as a part of a large group of articles I am downloading the same articles again. For instance there will be 100 articles in the group 20 of which are selected due to cross posting already and I select everything and tell it to download and save.. will I be downloaded those 20 a second time( and placed in a differant directory as I have each group save to its own folder)?

Thanks again Alex for helping me refine my understanding.
alex

Post by alex »

no, in fact if the articles are checked for download and you mark them for download they won't be downloaded twice since there can be only single place holder in the task manager for the same article per pane, but the save location will be set from the latest download&save (every time when you invoke download&save the save directory will be updated in the task manager).
Cynyster

Post by Cynyster »

Thanks Alex.

Thank clears it up perfectly :D

Again (hope you don't get tired of hearing it) Awesome work with this program.