<yEnc "V.I.A.W.P..part01.rar"(*/70)>
<yEnc "V.I.A.W.P.vol098+53.PAR2"(*/72)>

A little too enthusiastic in it's pattern matching. :shock:

Cheers,
Eddie
hholland

Post by hholland »

Interesting;

I am seeing just the opposite. I wonder if we have something different checked/unchecked :)\
alex

Post by alex »

i guess you also were too enthusiastic adding double quotes before the file extension.

use "select related headers" to make a finer choice.

it didn't happen to you to blame the poster?

yEnc should follow the file name, here the poster put it as a subject, i guess you don't want me to handle every particular case so you'll complain here then the program is unresponsive while downloading headers or that loading newsgroups is 10 times slower than before.

like in the case with partial messages when noone would put parts as (10/1) instead of (1/10) since no newsreader would understand it there should be some common agreement on posting subjects, UE is ready for well formed posts, it can even handle some malformed subjects as well, but it cannot be implemented in a way when performance will be severely compromised.

unfortunately power post allows everything and for a novice poster it is likely to post e.g. subjects starting with ????) or if something accidentally changed in the subject line the post may become completely malformed.

the only thing i could do is e.g. to set a user-defined minimal collection subject length.
hholland

Post by hholland »

Unfortunately, I can not think of a fool proof system either. I have tried several parsing routines (in basic here) with little or no results. Using the filename works for some onferences, but not for the MP3 etc where the filenames change.

Stupid posters :) I shouldn't say that huh?
EdA

Post by EdA »

i guess you also were too enthusiastic adding double quotes before the file extension
I'm not sure I understand. Am I supposed to set something up to make collections work. I didn't post the articles. :?:
use "select related headers" to make a finer choice.
And that is an option "where". And does "what".
it didn't happen to you to blame the poster?
I not really "blaming" anyone. :( I'm trying to understang how the Collections actually work, based on the very limited information given about them. :D Without that, the assumption is, that when UE generates a Collection, it really is a "single" Collection. Which in this case, is not true.

And if "Collections" only work if the Posters follow all the "rules", then it's never really going to work. Because they don't, and never will.

Cheers,
Eddie
alex

Post by alex »

"select related headers" is the context menu, it needs to be adjusted a little so collections won't be taken into account (next version) but in your case most likely it will select separate posts.

in short our options are to set minimal subject length or to include more informative subject (like e.g. to enumerate several file names).