small icon modifiers

Zyryl

small icon modifiers

Post by Zyryl »

It´s a nice idea, however I would appreciate to have it as an option.
I find UE look too distracting with them for now. Maybe I´ll use to it but it looks messy to me, now. Thanks for trying Alex.

Best Regards

Zyryl
alex

Post by alex »

after 1 day are you still sure? the idea is without looking at the subject you can tell what it is, i don't remember whether it is implemented like that somewhere or not.
alex

Post by alex »

in short we'll keep them in the meantime and see, if there will be a problem i'll make it an option later.
Zyryl

Post by Zyryl »

Yes, I get the point. It is not a wrong idea at all. I am used to the clearer look of UE. If I want to know type of file I look att the file ending (its my opinion there are surely folk that love this). For me it makes UE less "comprehensible". You can code it in colors as well. Then you can´t guess what type of files the future brings with it on usenet and you will have to uppdate it.
Sorry for my conservative opinion. UE is a great program and your work is highly appreciated. I think only it is nice to have a possibility to choose.

Have a Happy Easter

Zyryl
alex

Post by alex »

it won't be a big deal to add.

more exactly a happy passover, actually it is just the time now for a holiday :)
Zyryl

Post by Zyryl »

Well, sorry. Just celebrate your holiday, thats what I ment :).

Zyryl
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

Is there a map or something to show what the modifiers are?

I'll tell you, even with my best glasses on, I can see there's something there, but I'm not so sure I'd be able to tell one from another.

Larry
Narg

Post by Narg »

Great idea, love it. If it is an option, make it default on.

As LarryM posted, what are the icon types?

edit: had an idea, how about a column with full icon sizes (or big enough to fit the column and be recognizable) that match the Windows icon associated with the files??? Maybe as a 3rd option for this feature? With that method it would be extremely easy to recognize the file types.
alex

Post by alex »

we'll see these are very small features.
Zyryl

Post by Zyryl »

I like the idea with widows associatied programs icons. As an option of course, so you don´t push people into it.
Zyryl