volume of par2 files for download

bassie

volume of par2 files for download

Post by bassie »

Par2 button:
"mark volume of par2 files for download" and i can chose 3, 7 mb etc.

Would it be smarter to use a percentage of the post? Sometimes a total posts is e.g. 10 times 3 mb rar files. Then 7 mb is 25 %.
The other time the post consists of 85 times 50 Mb and then 7 Mb is close to nothing. But if the program would select for example 1 %, then it would be
42.5 Mb.

I think one typically needs more mb to repair for bigger posts and less mb for smaller posts. With big posts, usually more mb-s seem to be missing.

Maybe it is smart to use indeed the current option for the small posts, and a percentage for big posts. But it is only a feeling i have.

Maybe the percentage could work always, because i think the size of the par2 files scale to the files of the separate rar files. Bigger posts, have bigger rar files, and bigger par2 files.
alex

Post by alex »

but the volume of post is not always well known since it depends on what is marked for download at the moment.

what i was thinking reasonably small amount of par2 files which is maybe too big for a small post but adequate for a large post can still be downloaded fast enough so you won't worry about the additional downloaded volume (we are not in a drug store). from other side if you see a lot of data is missing you just uncheck the download limited volume button and all par2 are marked for download, just such a simple logic.

did you have any practical experience or you are deliberating in theory?