REQ: Small cosmetic enhancement

Josef K

REQ: Small cosmetic enhancement

Post by Josef K »

Reading text groups I sometimes have a hard time following discussions due to all the text being the same colour. I have to slowly scan through quoted replies to avoid re-reading anything I've read further up the thread. Most newsreaders display quoted text with a different colour as standard. For example, Agent will display anything preceded by the quoted text markers >, :, |, ;, », or < (which is user-configurable) in a different colour (also user-configurable).

I'd like to see this in UE.
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

I was hoping for at least a 'nice idea but it's not going to happen' reply.

In case Alex missed this, here's a bump and to reiterate what I'm requesting, check the bottom-right pane in the top screenshot here for an example of what I'm after.
Forteinc.com wrote:The Body Pane (bottom right) displays the selected message. Quoted replies and URL links display in different colors to improve readability.
alex

Post by alex »

i know, i read your initial post, i just forgot to reply.

coloring text in too complicated way is questionable, i just remember my experience using colored dictionary when studying languages, i found a simple text dictionary much more convenient, at least my eye doesn't take color as something significant.

but yes such two way simple coloring could be considered, there also other asked features regarding article views, when and if it comes to it i'll consider them all.

just as maybe you noticed the purpose of the latest work was not connected to article views at all, and quick work on arbitrary code is slow or may introduce bugs (i don't mean this feature in particular, but if to talk about all possible work on article view which i would prefer to do in one block).
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

I know you tend to take requests on board and mark them down for later - you won't just add everything immediately at the expense of other work.

I just didn't want this request to be lost as it would make text groups a lot easier for me in the long run (which is why so many newsreaders use colouring). Hopefully you'll see a time soon when you can add it.
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

I notice you've now added this request. Now I can finally move from Agent for my text groups as well.

Text reading is now so much quicker to skim through and find the new additions instead of having to guess what's what, especially with damn top posters. It's a lot easier on my eyes.

Thanks Alex.