Cosmetic Request: Get Headers indicator on Group Tab

nyquil67

Cosmetic Request: Get Headers indicator on Group Tab

Post by nyquil67 »

Currently to tell if a group is still getting/rescanning headers, I either have to check the running tasks, or pull up the subscribed newsgroup list. In newspro, the [Getting New Headers] was easy to see. My request is to have a small green dot on the group tab if it is currently getting, rescanning headers, or queued to do so.

Hopefully this would be a somewhat easy change, it would certainly make my life a lot easier.
Bert

Post by Bert »

Yes, good idea.

I usually don't have the workspace tree displayed so I dont see the green dot there.

Bert
Michaelm

Post by Michaelm »

I second the idea too :)

Also I was thinking about something that has to do with getting headers too.
Maybe it would be nice to have a time indication of when the last/next time the headers were/will be downloaded when one has it set up to download headers automatically every 800 minutes ?

Mentioning this another thing comes to mind which is if I download headers of a particular newsgroup/folder in between the automatic download I guess the timer for that newsgroup/folder will be reset and the automatic download starts after the 800 minutes set in the preferences from the time I started instead of keeping sync with the other newsgroups/folders that I didn't touch ?