Comcast Powerboost

griffpa

Comcast Powerboost

Post by griffpa »

Is it possible to program logic to take advantage of Comcast Powerboost by timing the download requests to maximize the boost? I noticed when I first start a download the speed is 3 times as fast as normal then trails off after the powerboost limit is reached. Basically, if there was a way to "trick" the powerboost feature to think a new unique transfer was occuring every ##MB to keep the powerboost feature on?
Gary Gnews

Post by Gary Gnews »

I can't answer your question, but can I ask what speed you end up at once it trails down after the boost?
-- GG
griffpa

speed

Post by griffpa »

if i launch usenet explorer and start downloading, the speed is around 3 mbit then drops back to 1 mbit where it stays.
dengle

Post by dengle »

The only way to do this would be to know what their algorithms are in use and what would be considered a "new" connection. Did you try pausing downloads for a small period of time to see if it jumps back up to 3 mbit/sec?
alex

Post by alex »

you can uncheck properties->general, keep alive, then new connection will be created every time when downloading a part, so you'll have the boost for every connection, if estabilishing connections is fast (it also depends on news server), it may work for downloading bodies.