Req: UE suspend if connection lost

Birger79

Req: UE suspend if connection lost

Post by Birger79 »

Is there a way to make UE suspend from downloading if the connection to the web is lost? At the moment UE is still running if theres is no connection.

I use wlan to connect to the usenet and sometimes the connection is lost.
alex

Post by alex »

i didn't check this topic, and i'm not sure in what windows detecting connection would work.

what you can do - if lost connection is short-living you can use edit menu->properties->tasks->recoverable error, you just add there the socket error number which you see in the error panes when the connection is lost.

if lost connection is long term you can check properties->tasks->retry failed article tasks every x minutes, but then better you clear errors manually sometimes (tasks menu->clear errors) to eliminate genuinely failed tasks.

i'll check one function if it works ok i may well add something like that, in newspro there was a similar option for dial-up connections.
alex

Post by alex »

i didn't check this topic, and i'm not sure in what windows detecting connection would work.

what you can do - if lost connection is short-living you can use edit menu->properties->tasks->recoverable error, you just add there the socket error number which you see in the error panes when the connection is lost.

if lost connection is long term you can check properties->tasks->retry failed article tasks every x minutes, but then better you clear errors manually sometimes (tasks menu->clear errors) to eliminate genuinely failed tasks.

i'll check one function if it works ok i may well add suspending tasks with no or lost internet connection, in newspro there was a similar option for dial-up connections.
alex

Post by alex »

i have not considered this feature yet, i'll check one available function if it works ok i may well add suspending tasks when no or lost internet connection, in newspro there was a similar option for dial-up connections.

what you can do right now - if lost connection is short-living you can use edit menu->properties->tasks->recoverable error, you just add there the socket error number which you see in the error panes when the connection is lost.