Request tweak to scheduler function

Josef K

Request tweak to scheduler function

Post by Josef K »

My ISP gives me a 20 meg download. The problem being that if I go over a certain limit within a particular timeframe, the speed gets cut (traffic shaping) until it times out and speed is restored to normal. Therefore, what I do is queue up my articles to download and schedule for time periods outside this traffic shaping window (overnight and through non-peak hours during the day). However, if I see something and I just want to get it now, I have to jump through hoops to get it.

My process in this case would be:

Select relevant articles I want to download immediately and move them to the top of the queue
Deselect 'Finish and exit'
Select 'Suspend articles'
Deselect 'Scheduler'
Wait for everything to download and then reverse the order (select 'Scheduler', deselect 'Suspend articles' and then select 'Finish and exit').

My issue here is that frequently I don't always click things in the same order and I end up with UE closing because both 'Finish and exit' and 'Suspend articles' are selected. Then I have to restart UE and get back to what I was doing again. Also, it makes UE less automated when I have to sit here and wait for something to download before setting the options back to scheduled and to close when done.

What I'd like is either (preferably) an extra option in the right-click menu to 'Move to top and bypass scheduler' or an option in properties to allow download immediately articles to bypass the scheduler.