64 bit version ?

Invader

64 bit version ?

Post by Invader »

Hi Alex,

Is there any future considerations towards a 64 bit version of Usenet Explorer :?:

Comments and Thoughts everyone ...

Thanks.
alex

Post by alex »

the code is compileable in 64 bit, i just don't distribute such compilation since it doesn't make practical sense, the speed is the same. there are problems with x64 to get error log information though when such a version is running, i didn't find similar code as i'm using for 32 bit, it doesn't work in x64.

i'm only using 64 bit compilation for indexing server since it needs more than 3GB RAM which is the ultimate limit in win32 systems, it is the same project/source code as ue.
Invader

Post by Invader »

That's fair enough alex, was just wondering. Now that I have a 64 bit system. ( :D got most progs working & :( the right click context menu will not display some progs features )
alex

Post by alex »

the running speed is the same, i checked it on the server, first i used 32 bit version on 64 bit system and when memory usage grew above 32 bit process limit i switched to 64 bit, server starting time the same it means speed is the same as well.
Invader

Post by Invader »

Oh No Alex, that wasn't the reason I asked. I didn't think there would be any significant speed increase at all ( If any ). Just was wanting it to be running natively to my system.

Either way I'm A Happy Chap :D