Request : Quick Filter Bar that remembers other fields

NoNo

Request : Quick Filter Bar that remembers other fields

Post by NoNo »

Hello,
It is just a thing that might be easier for lazy ass like me :p
Well, you know when you have more than 1 window open to different newsgroups and have different quick filter like "New" or "Del" active and you switch to windows the status of those filters always change according to what you set.
But never the "Subject", "Author", "Days" or "Size" that always keep the last entered even thou windows remain filtered correctly.
So sometime I got confuse and always end up resetting the quick filter bar.
What do you guys think?
alex

Post by alex »

need to think, maybe yes.

it is trivial to change, i was thinking back then if one needs to apply the same filter in several views, now you can just switch tabs and press apply, but maybe it is not used this way, we can only find out if to change it, looks like for visual feedback better to restore all fields.

it will be considered for/after the next major-like release, i want finish with the unpack task manager pane first, the work is dragging too long already.
NoNo

Post by NoNo »

Oh I didn't think of that behavior.
It could be interesting to set it as an option then, like a single Quick Filter Bar and an attached one.
But of course I admit I do lurk in the par2 thread too so there's no rush for that visual request :)