REQ: Tie Scheduler to sleep/hibernate options

dvd.collector

REQ: Tie Scheduler to sleep/hibernate options

Post by dvd.collector »

Is there any way that UE could have an option to put the pc in sleep when the scheduler is active and downloads are suspended? Also then wake up when the scheduler re-enables downloads?

My situation is that my ISP restricts downloads between 4pm - 9pm and if I'm not at my pc, I'd like it to go into sleep mode between those times.

I don't think going into sleep should be too difficult, but waking up to continue might be. One idea I had was that before UE send the PC to sleep, it creates a scheduled task (run once) that would wake up the PC.
alex

Post by alex »

i don't know, someone asked to add "finish all tasks&stand by" option.

with scheduler it wouldn't be very logical unless there would be an option to wake windows up from within UE (by scheduling windows task if possible or whatever with windows backwards compatibility) when UE scheduler should kick in, not sure if it makes sense to go into that.

what do you think is the difference between stand-by mode and the mode with zero processor usage, with e.g. hard drives shut off after 20 min of inactivity and monitor switched off? 10-20 watts or more?