UE Deleting Artcile/Header

jmbailey2000

UE Deleting Artcile/Header

Post by jmbailey2000 »

Alex,

This may be related to the collections issue you just corrected. (BTW, the collections are working great!! Thanks!!)

Let's say I grab new headers and then delete the thread. The next day, I grab new headers and an article shows up that I wish to download. I download the article, but for some reason it disappears. Come to find out, it was deleted by UE. Also come to find out, it was was part of a thread that had been deleted the day before. For some reason UE is deleting an article when trying to download that is new and unread when part of a previously delete thread.

This also relates to something I have never quite understood with UE. If I have a thread of 100 articles and I decided to deleted 1 article somewhere in the thread, the entire thread gets deleted, even if there are 99 other articles that were downloaded as part of the thread. Not sure why UE behaves that way unless it is an option somewhere I've missed.
alex

Post by alex »

for text newsgroups the behaviour perfectly makes sense.

for binary newsgroups there are mostly badly organized posts by power post with attempt to use threading, but when UE marks headers as deleted it rather uses advanced->delete headers rather than delete headers&replies.

to prevent jumping into thread when you mark such post for download you can uncheck the blue + button in the toolbar to disable threads, it doesn't really disappear, it still appears in the task manager and downloads ok, just it compact binary when you mark it for download it loads the whole thread and when the item belongs to inside the thread it is shown there and not on the top level.

as to incoming headers i think replies to deleted items are marked depending how you deleted them, if you used "delete headers" it won't delete replies, if you used "delete headers&replies" or "delete headers&threads" it will delete incoming replies or any header in the thread repsectively.

or you are talking about something different try to elaborate.