Feature request: Recent Folders in Save Attachments dialog

lestertrad

Feature request: Recent Folders in Save Attachments dialog

Post by lestertrad »

Hi, Alex; long time. I too would like to congratulate you on the auto-unrar feature. It's great and saves loads of time. Also on the Recent Folders dropdown on the tool bar. And in general on your ongoing improvements and your availability to us users. You're an (almost unique) example of the way development should work.

NOW if only that list of recent save folders could be built into the Save Attachments dialog! I've been waiting and hoping for this feature since 'way back in the NewsPro days. Just speaking for me it may seem a simple convenience, but it would save loads of time and manipulation.

And a Places Bar as in the standard Windows Save dialogs would be even better! And if it was customizable, even better still! In fact I would then drink a whole bottle in your honor! :D

Joe
alex

Post by alex »

i can change the windows browse dialog only in a limited way like renaming buttons.

the best which can be done - if the right click mouse notification is let through and i can catch it - then it is possible to display the recent folder context menu and when you click in the menu - to fill the edit window with the selected path.

the dialog is in windows dll, i just intercept all what is possible to modify its behaviour.

if i won't forget to check it out, remind me later if i do, no new options would be added so at least this is acceptable.
lestertrad

Post by lestertrad »

That would be great!

But I was thinking... are the limitations due to your using the Browse for Folder dialog? Couldn't you use the Save As dialog instead?
alex

Post by alex »

save as is for saving files only, it is windows dll, how can you use it when browsing for folder?
i hope you didn't open the bottle yet :)
lestertrad

Post by lestertrad »

Oh, well...

But what you described with the context menu displaying the recently saved-to folders would be great!

I'm keeping that bottle cold :wink:
alex

Post by alex »

ok it will be in the next release.

i also managed to make the behaviour of the dialog more dynamic, it scrolls to existing subpath.

the release won't be immediate, we had too many already lately since i wanted to have clarity with all unpack functionality and then to clear with the most frequently attracting my attention non-unpack issues, but now it is all done.

so i'll add it to something bigger, then first it will appear in the next version preview, you can subscribe for access to it in usergroups.
lestertrad

Post by lestertrad »

<<you can subscribe for access to it in usergroups.

Okay, I did and am looking forward to it! Thanks!
lestertrad

Post by lestertrad »

How on earth did you do that? I'd love to know. I'm trying it now and it seems to work fine. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

That bottle is nice and cold by now... :wink: