Feature Request: An option to rename the extract foldername

dracula

Feature Request: An option to rename the extract foldername

Post by dracula »

Is this possible? Some extract folder names are to long or has an other name than the nzb i download. By changing it i know what it is.
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

Properties->Save/Unpack->Unrar, uncheck 'Derive name after RAR'. The default there (when this setting is unchecked) is 'Unrar' but you can change this.
dracula

Post by dracula »

Ok thanks for your reaction. Can i change automaticly the name when i download an nzb? So i mean that after unrarring every map has another name? :lol:
alex

Post by alex »

i'm not sure what you mean by automatically changing the folder name, if you mean additional trimming - internally there is some constant in the program with limits the folder name length, in principle it could be made variable in properties.

also an editable unrar folder could be added to an unpack task exactly in the same like unrar password can be defined now in advance, if users would request for it.

as to windows everyone only may only guess why they limited the max path length to such small value (around 254 i think).
dracula

Post by dracula »

Thanks alex for your answer. This is what i mean
also an editable unrar folder could be added to an unpack task exactly in the same like unrar password can be defined now in advance, if users would request for it.
Edit: I think you have a problem whit the forum. Everytime i get

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

and it's verry slow at the moment.
Looks like now the forum problem is solved.
alex

Post by alex »

the UE website (or rather netwu website) hosting has been changed recently, just the old site didn't want to accept paypal payments and a credit card used previously was compromised.

i also noticed sometimes posting / access is slower although i didn't see total loss of database connection. but also there are no errors after posting like it was in the past.

we'll check over time as it goes if too bad some alternative solution will be found, especially if issues will arise.
dracula

Post by dracula »

I forgot the tell that when i got this error this afternoon the search didn't work. Now the site is normal working the search is working. This happens last night and this afternoon. :wink:

http://www.netwu.com/ue/ was no problem, only the forum. A little bit off topic but maybe good for you to know.

After all my complain i wanna say: Great program :mrgreen:
alex

Post by alex »

then, most likely, it was your ISP connectivity problem, connections timed out, the search and web servers are not related.

i'm making some more observations before deciding whether to implement what i wanted to implement when done with unpack, also need to flush my brains to get fresh view point, unpack took a lot of time, now when all is stable and working i don't want to rush with small releases without a compelling reason.
dracula

Post by dracula »

Oke, it is not a big deal, but i thought i just ask :mrgreen:

The program just work great now and using the search function solved the problem whit strange and verry long names. So please take your time. :wink: