New Unpack Feature Request

thor_got

New Unpack Feature Request

Post by thor_got »

It is great that the unpack feature tell me there is a problem with the rar set and it needs to be repaired, but what I would like to see is for it to tell me how many block are needed for the repair and fantastic if it would give me the option to download them bypassing the par2 paused option.
alex

Post by alex »

first of all you don't need par2 paused option, it is not checked by default for new installs, if you checked it - uncheck it. the option was more useful when there was no unpack feature.

the number of blocks needed for repair is shown in the par2 set status column in the unpack pane (if you don't see the status column because you've hidden it - move the mouse cursor over column dividers until the cursor shape changes to <-||-> then drag the divider to reveal the column). also the status column states whether the par2 set is "non-repairable" or "repairable"

but the status column is rather for informational purposes since the repair will start automatically (it is default in properties->save/unpack) as long as there are enough repair blocks and nothing else left which can be downloaded before resorting to repair.
dvd.collector

Post by dvd.collector »

alex wrote: the number of blocks needed for repair is shown in the par2 set status column in the unpack pane (if you don't see the status column because you've hidden it - move the mouse cursor over column dividers until the cursor shape changes to <-||-> then drag the divider to reveal the column). also the status column states whether the par2 set is "non-repairable" or "repairable"
This is what I see in the Status Column:

..Total Blocks:2930 Data: 858 Recv: 0

It doesn't show how many blocks are required, although you can work it out obviously!