Feature Request: Add 'Pause Save Tasks' to tray icon.

tijgert

Feature Request: Add 'Pause Save Tasks' to tray icon.

Post by tijgert »

Often enough I want UE to pause saving attachments because the drive it is saving to/from is very busy with some audio/video task that will keep the drive thrashing.
I now have to open UE and go throught the dropdown menu to do this.

Ideally I would right click the tray icon and pause saving from there in the way I can also pause the downloading tasks.
alex

Post by alex »

i think you can add shortcut so you don't need to browse the menu.

menus are also customizable, but not the context menus you can drag item even from the system tray contex menu into the the main menu in the customize mode - but not vice versa. still the suspend save queue option is similar to pause button so it makes sense to add it in the system tray as well, then, we also have suspend unpack queue, maybe to add them as one option.

btw if you pause download for certain time - it will effectively pause save and unpack queue since there will be nothing to save / unpack? maybe something more reasonable would be adding the indirect option to limit the size of the save queue i.e. downloads are paused when the save queue is more then x megabytes?
tijgert

Post by tijgert »

You really seem to have given it some thought :)

But my request is just for a simple function (although perhaps also with a time limit like the regular Pause/Slowdown). I just like to have that Pause Save Tasks because I use multiple hard drives and the temp data is stored in UE's drive while the files are saved on another drive and when the hardrive that the files get saved TO get's really busy, I like to help speed up those private tasks I might run on either drive by pausing UE's saving.

Pausing all activity is too much as I still like to keep leeching files who's temporary data is kept on another drive so that downloading can continue, just not the saving. Pause Unpack sounds good too I guess, not cancel it, but just pause it... for the same purpose of temporarily needing the save hard drive for other tasks.

I wasn't aware that any menu's were customisable, but if it isn't from the tray icon then I might as well open the program. I'll look though.