Automatic unload groups when closing UE

kheldar01

Automatic unload groups when closing UE

Post by kheldar01 »

Hi
My current settings are these

MAX GROUPS set to blank in the task pane

and initial mode set to PERSIST for all subscribed groups.

This works fine when I launch IE with and all groups were unloaded on last run
No disk trashing at start cause all is offline. When I invoke get new headers UE will load each group, download headers and keep those loaded so I can manage the new headers.

But when I close UE without manually unloading the groups UE keeps their status on next launch. So when it start he'll trash the HD loading all the groups opened on previous close.

That a bit annoying, especially if a run UE not to download headers from subscribed groups but only to download something using an imported NZB.
If I change the initial mode to something different than Persist, during headers download UE will load each group, download headers and the unload again, so I have to load them again to see the new headers.

Basically I'd like to keep groups loaded when I invoke get new headers, but keep them unloaded when program starts.

Dont know if there is a option currently available to do this.
jonib

Re: Automatic unload groups when closing UE

Post by jonib »

kheldar01 wrote:But when I close UE without manually unloading the groups UE keeps their status on next launch. So when it start he'll trash the HD loading all the groups opened on previous close.
Well that is the point of Persist to remeber if it was loaded or not.
Basically I'd like to keep groups loaded when I invoke get new headers, but keep them unloaded when program starts.
Then you need to change Initial or auto load mode to Unload then UE will not load it the next time you start UE but will load the group when you open it or get new headers.

jonib
kheldar01

Post by kheldar01 »

Thanks a lot Jonib.

Another nice feature from UE I didnt know before :D
alex

Post by alex »

Max. groups setting in properties->tasks overrides those modes, in the sense when the header tasks are finished on a newsgroup, the newsgroup is not open and max. groups (i.e. the number groups loaded in the same time) exceeded the value - UE will unload it.

It is why there is comment under the max. groups edit control in properties about setting it to empty.