Collections display bug

jonib

Collections display bug

Post by jonib »

Which forum should I post bug reports like this? Here or Development (UE) or the other forum.

OK, the problem if I use the search service and search "The Penguins Of Madagascar I Was A Penguin Zombie.2010.DVDRip", the results show 4 collections.
UEBug1.PNG
UEBug1.PNG (13.71 KiB) Viewed 20595 times
Now if I expand the second collection, everything is fine.
UEBug2.PNG
UEBug2.PNG (35.16 KiB) Viewed 20595 times
Now if I collapse it, presto chango one of the collections disappear.
UEBug3.PNG
UEBug3.PNG (12.07 KiB) Viewed 20595 times
If I expand a collection again, all 4 collections are displayed again.

jonib
Get Usenet Explorer Automatic Updater here. You want to flatter me? Image
alex

Re: Collections display bug

Post by alex »

do you have any filter in place?
jonib

Post by jonib »

alex wrote:do you have any filter in place?
I have many filters, but none active in the search result window.

jonib
alex

Post by alex »

maybe it is initial filter?

here i see the expanded collection is complete, in yours nzb and nfo files are missing, no reason why it would be the case.
jonib

Post by jonib »

alex wrote:maybe it is initial filter?
The search service windows don't support initial filters. But I do use initial filters.
here i see the expanded collection is complete, in yours nzb and nfo files are missing, no reason why it would be the case.
There was two collections with the same name as the one I expanded, and the one I expanded was incomplete the other seems complete.

Edit: I'm using Windows XPsp2 32bit, in case it's relevant, I'll test on Windows 7 tomorrow, if needed.

jonib
alex

Post by alex »

ok i got your search because of 2010 the files are not shown.

but i cannot reproduce the disappearance of the list item, is it sorted by size?

what is the sort order when it first appears?

the initial filter button is disabled or it appears to be pressed? initial filter can be enabled for search views.
jonib

Post by jonib »

alex wrote:but i cannot reproduce the disappearance of the list item, is it sorted by size?
Yes, biggest first, but the sorting don't affect the disappearing collection.
So you can expand any of the results and then collapse and everything is fine, hmm.
what is the sort order when it first appears?
Age, newest first.
the initial filter button is disabled or it appears to be pressed? initial filter can be enabled for search views.
OK, :oops: sorry, I don't know how I missed that initial filters work with the search window. But anyway the initial filter is disabled(gray).

jonib
alex

Post by alex »

if you disable initial filter for the topmost default entry in newsgroups properties the behaviour is the same?

i mean the case if initial filter is enabled for "Default" but "None" for search or it is different in your settings.
jonib

Post by jonib »

alex wrote:if you disable initial filter for the topmost default entry in newsgroups properties the behaviour is the same?
No change.

I tested in Win7 64bit(32bit UE), both my normal DB and a new DB, and I still get the disappearing collection. So I don't believe it's a filter/setting problem in UE. :?

jonib
alex

Post by alex »

we'll check that slowly, i'm changing something on the server side, i mean submerged into something else.
semel666

Post by semel666 »

i had the same thing several times but i cant reproduce it\
alex

Post by alex »

I now see this in windows 7, also with some kind of unwanted slow animation (before I checked it only in xp based on feedback above), like it is refreshing background many times.

You also see some garbling/blinking in the white area without headers until it settles and when collapsing it settles slowly with ugly animation?

What WinXP settings may influence list control behavior? Here usually I'm using WinNT appearance (classic), I switched to WinXP theme, but all still works.

It is some kind of GUI refresh issue, the item is still there if you scroll with keyboard when it reaches the item it "becomes" visible.

I'll check it around Monday evening - Tuesday, will try to fix in in Win7, then we'll check if the issue is gone in XP there.
alex

Post by alex »

it will be fixed in the next release, also got rid of this stupid animation, it appears win7 tries to repaint every item deleting.

i didn't make the control temporarily "invisible" like in task manager, in winxp classic it was the same fast.
jonib

Post by jonib »

I just did a quick test with the new UE in WinXP and the collapsing bug seems fixed for me. :D

jonib
alex

Post by alex »

maybe in winxp is the same animation setting somewhere which i didn't have enabled, in principle windows shouldn't try to redraw anything until a function that doesn't process windows message loop intentionally returns control. but in short it is resolved in v3.1.1