feature request: compact\collection view in"articles"

semel666

feature request: compact\collection view in"articles"

Post by semel666 »

task manager-articles.

if you have several collections set to be downloaded it becomes really difficult to navigate through all articles listed there , to pause needed collection etc.

WOuld it be possible to make tasks displayed like a collection that can be expanded in this window?
alex

Re: feature request: compact\collection view in"articles"

Post by alex »

You can use edit menu->queued.

Task manager window was designed for low CPU usage, so it is internally closer to lower level data structures, there are also some development considerations given that collection code may change.
semel666

Post by semel666 »

but i dont see how i can pause individual jobs via "queued" window
did i miss something7

i when i click RMB i see only cancel downloading.
alex

Post by alex »

pausing could but not connected to that view, you can only change downloading priority through invoking download with priority, i remember it will keep the save directory (cancel save to remove it), the context menu is already overloaded.
semel666

Post by semel666 »

its a pity that ue doesnt have it

ive just had to pause several episodes from the first season and it was real pain in the ass going through all these articles..it would be so much easier if we had more comfortable way of managing our queue .Besides when you open this window with lots of articles ue gets kinda slowed down.
alex

Post by alex »

It is why task manager was made simple to keep CPU usage low, if to add collections we need custom code to make it faster than views.

The CPU consideration is still actual since connection speed over years grew faster than CPU/memory performance.