Feature request: Download&Play in Search Service contextmenu

knuta

Feature request: Download&Play in Search Service contextmenu

Post by knuta »

I usually download a few tv shows every day and I use the search phrase "720 teevee nzb" because I like to use NZBs as they automatically make a sub-folder with the proper name.

Today I select the NZBs I want from the results, select "Download&Save" from context menu and then navigate to UE import folder where UE will look for them and import.

If you could add a Download&Play feature in the context menu that would help me a lot. This would download the article and then open the file in whatever program is associated with that particular file type in Windows. For NZBs this would of course be UE. Newsleecher SS has this feature and it's the only thing I miss from that client since I've started using UE.

This would need to work in a way that you can select as many articles as you wanted from the results and it would download and run them all, unlike the "Download&View" feature which only opens the focused article in a new tab no matter how many are selected.

If there is a way to do this or something similarly fast and easy already I would of course love to be made aware of that fact :-)

This could also be useful for other file types like music and sample files as they would open in your favorite application with only 2 clicks ie. "Open context menu > Download&Play" if you just wanted to check out a single file before getting the whole thing.
knuta

Re: Feature request: Download&Play in Search Service context

Post by knuta »

I can't believe it's been a year already since I made this request. That means I've done it the slightly more inconvenient way more than 370 times since my post.

An answer would of course be nice, so I could see if there is ever a chance of getting this feature :-)

Thanks
swent

Post by swent »

"Download&save attachments" (nzbs) to UEdata\import. That should satisfy half of the request. Your download / extract folders will be created in the default download directory.
knuta

Post by knuta »

That is exactly what I do today and have been doing since I started using UE :)

I quote my first post:

"Today I select the NZBs I want from the results, select "Download&Save" from context menu and then navigate to UE import folder where UE will look for them and import."
swent

Post by swent »

My mistake, I misread the post. I've used the play feature of other clients, but found the playback to be too inconsistant.
alex

Post by alex »

The original post I think I missed it a year ago, you could just PM or email me.

Maybe to create a second import group (e.g. named "Import NZB", then in properties->newsgroups set the import folder as its save folder with "ask" unchecked? You would only need to select the import group in the search service bar prior to invoking download&save from the search service view.

There are so many download&save options already, something could be added if reasonable, but right now I'm a bit limited as to small updates until I have clarity with another larger update, would need to make code changes in two sets of code in parallel.