WinRAR 5 support

mmghtj

WinRAR 5 support

Post by mmghtj »

Well, it has to happen, sooner or later: encountered first file archived in WinRAR 5 format.

Usenet Explorer gave "bad volume" error during the unpack (that was expected).
Manual extract with WinRAR 5 was OK without problem.

Since we will encounter these more and more with time (at least this file came with warning about it), it will be appreciated if we can get support for that format in built-in un-rar utility.
Herbie

Re: WinRAR 5 support

Post by Herbie »

WinRAR 5 support would be nice :D
alex

Post by alex »

i'll work on it after one week, will be a minor update as soon as finished, won't take long.
jd

Post by jd »

Also, here. Please release a version even if the code is not perfect/unpacking is a bit slow.
alex

Post by alex »

unrar 5 is on final test stage.

when raw code it is better not to publish, you won't like if it crashes or will launch tens of threads or will run out of memory in 32 bit version, the unrar code required work, memory management for unrar5 is very different.

i'm preparing the release now, i must also change search service protocol to add fault tolerance in case dynamic dns service total failure, it means to recompile and restart search service, the version with unrar 5 code cannot access search service as it is now because it is already compiled differently.

if you see any problem with unrar 5 after the release just let me know, hopefully i'll release it this weekend.
Herbie

Post by Herbie »

:D Godd service as usual, thanks Alex