|Release history v5.x
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||alex [ Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:21 am ]|
|Post subject:||Release history v5.x|
- v5.1.2 -
- It is now possible to set the maximum size of the quick filter and search service bars to less than the UE window width (View menu -> Size filter/search bars).
- The built-in kill filter optimized/updated.
- When the posting server was not disabled, there was still the disabled server warning given.
- v5.1.1 -
- The auto deep scan option (Edit menu -> Properties -> Save/Unpack, Unpack, Auto, Deep scan) is now checked by default for databases created with the earlier versions (so no need to check it manually).
- Fixed a problem when auto deep scan was invoked and the article queue contained headers marked for download only without save.
- v5.1 -
- Flagged messages without article bodies will now expire and reset newsgroup will clear them.
- Added options to clear recent unpack folders: Edit menu->Delete history, Recent: Save folders, Recent: Unrar folders.
- Added option Edit menu -> Properties -> General, Purge deleted headers automatically either on newsgroup first load or newsgroup every load. There is also a check box to restrict the option only to the import group type. The option is useful especially for import group to prevent it from growing too big, you can set unlimited retention, set the headers to be deleted after download and save (Edit menu->Properties->Save/Unpack, Save, Saving attachments, Delete headers), then the deleted headers will be automatically purged using the option.
- Added option Edit menu -> Properties ->Search/Import, Import options, Collection name out of nzb file name, so the custom collection name will be derived from the nzb file name instead of the post subject.
- Added par2 set deep scan option. The deep scan option will scan files from the unpack pane in the same directory where the par2 set files are located and even when the files are both misnamed and corrupted, but have matched data blocks - they will be detected. In the unlikely case when all data files are corrupted it needs to be applied manually. The option is useful when downloading intentionally misnamed files with names which don't match the file names listed in the par2 set. It can be invoked manually in the task manager unpack pane context menu or automatically Edit menu -> Properties -> Save/Unpack, Unpack, Auto, Deep scan.
- Removed practical limit on the number of parts in a partial due to recently appearing posts which contain huge files as a single partial message by at least one mass poster. Because of previously existing limit of 10000 parts per partial such posts were ignored. The search service was updated to include those few missed files which were posted previously.
- The quick filter and search service bars are now autoresized to match the width of the program window.
- When replying to a post - the quoted reply length can be now set in Edit menu->Properties->Post, Truncate reply quote; when the field is empty the reply quote won't be truncated at all.
- When posting server is disabled, there will be a warning given.
- Added option to export headers into nzb file directly from the search results view context menu -> Advanced -> Export Headers.
- Certain mass posts using consistently corrupted yEnc encoding will be now decoded without errors.
- Timer frequency for launching tasks etc. was increased to address high connection speeds which may results in higher download speed.
- Collection detection code refined.
- Updated the built-in kill filter.
- SSL library updated.
- Other refinements and fixes.
- v5.0.3 -
- Filters created in the filter editor containing "Messages" are collections/sets/partials/singles can be now applied to the search service results view.
- Added option "Edit menu->Properties->Search/Import, Import, Program startup, Open Import group on (program) start".
- Expiration warning code was accidentally disabled, now it is working again with additional improvements.
- Small fixes.
- v5.0.2 -
- Fixed a problem with custom collections when the custom collection contained a relatively rare mix of headers (e.g. a single set with file numbers along with other files without file numbers). The problem was more prominent in v5.0+ and much less likely in earlier versions. Nevertheless the prior releases were updated as well.
- v5.0.1 -
- Updated the built-in kill filter.
- Bug found in the Rar 5.0 unrar code, when incorrect password, Rar with encrypted file names and delete files after successful unrar checked in properties - the downloaded files were deleted after the unsuccessful unrar. As the code was added long time ago in v4.6 and didn't change since then (the bug was never reported) - it also affects v4.7+ (upgraded from 4.7.3 to 4.7.4) and v4.9+ (upgraded from 4.9.7 to 4.9.8).
- v5.0 -
- Server bandwidth counters can now count beyond 4TB.
- Added the option "Reset bandwidth counters on program start" in the tasks menu.
- "Detect passworded rar files" option in edit menu->articles->properties has been now updated to work with the Rar v5.0 format.
- The group kill filter in edit menu->properties->search can be now disabled with a check box without deleting the filter expression itself.
- Added option to pause the console content update in the console context menu ("Pause"), so it is now possible to lock the current content and scroll the console when the content was changing too fast.
- Added built-in kill filter which discards known spam streams which are difficult to define in a regular filter. The filter can be disabled in edit menu->properties->kill filters, built-in kill filter. The filter can be updated on user requests followed by a minor release.
- Updated the default "Recoverable errors" edit control content in edit menu->properties->tasks, as the previous default expression didn't catch error messages when the connection limit was exceeded for some servers and realizing there is the need to change it manually is not so apparent.
- The search service code was significantly upgraded to work with more compact search service server side format, but for now it won't be engaged on the server side.
- Sometimes par2 sets in search results were shown incomplete while they were complete upon import headers.
- The options "Keep system on while the program is running / tasks are running" in the tasks menu were accidentally disabled starting with some previous version.
Release history v4.x
Release history v3.x
Release history v2.x
Release history v1.x
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group