|Release history v5.x
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||alex [ Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:21 am ]|
|Post subject:||Release history v5.x|
- v5.4/v5.4.1 -
- Added "Set unrar password" option to the context menu of the task manager "Articles", "Downloads", "Errors" and "Save" views.
- Added "Set unrar password" option to the context menu of newsgroup/import views.
- Nzb files containing unrar password have now the password associated with the imported headers automatically.
The last two features rely on custom collection names, so leave the following options checked (as per default):
1. Edit menu->Properties->General, Collections, "Enable custom collections".
2. Edit menu->Search/Import, Import options, "Import as collection" and "Collection name out of nzb name".
- Articles with associated unrar password will have asterisk added to the subject.
v5.4.1: Fixed a bug introduced in v5.4 which happened when custom collections were disabled by the user (they are enabled by default).
- v5.3 -
- Search service protocol change to allow even higher retention and potentially faster search by supporting sets on the server side directly (will be engaged on the server side gradually as needed). To the client side code added the capability to accept sets format from the search servers.
- v5.2.3 -
- Fixed a recently introduced issue when for certain randomized subject posts extra .par2 extension was added to par2 file names which in turn could lead to downloading excessive par2 files without clearing them.
- v5.2.2 -
- Added option Par2 menu -> Download one par2 file per par2 set at a time. It prevents downloading excessive par2 files. The option is relevant when unpack is busy performing a long operation and par2 files are accumulating in the save queue waiting to be processed by unpack. The option needs sets to be enabled (Edit menu->Properties->General, Sets).
- Added support for handling nzb files containing duplicate file names.
- The number of files one can import from the search service search results view per single import action was increased 8 times (both server and client code was adjusted and the limit can be increased further if necessary).
- The default setting for Par2 menu -> Mark par2 recovery files for download last is now checked by default for better handling of par2 sets containing misnamed files. It is also set to checked when upgrading from previous versions.
- SSL2 support disabled
- Files without extension can now be added to unpack manually
- When download errors happened - sometimes auto repair didn't start automatically.
- Other improvements and refinements.
- v5.2.1 -
- The option Edit menu -> Properties -> Articles, Downloading bodies, Handle known obfuscated downloads introduced in v5.1 has been updated to handle new kinds of obfuscated posts reported by users recently.
- v5.2 -
- Added the capability to use unrar password list files in the task manager unpack pane context menu -> Set unrar password. Since unrar may take some time before returning a wrong password error - trying several passwords may lengthen the time needed for the successful unrar.
- Added option Edit menu -> Properties-> Tasks -> Sockets/Network , Network threads, Reuse (don't destroy), checked by default. With the option enabled the program won't destroy the worker threads, but will suspend and reuse them instead, so even when there are no active tasks - the Windows task manager will show all worker threads still there. While there is no noticeable impact on the system performance (as those are just the thread context data), the feature effectively addresses buggy third party drivers failing when an application creates/destroys many threads.
- Missing parts in header properties now shows range instead of enumerating all missing parts individually.
- Updated the built-in kill filter.
- v5.1.2 -
- It is now possible to set the maximum size of the quick filter and search service bars to less than the UE window width (View menu -> Size filter/search bars).
- The built-in kill filter optimized/updated.
- When the posting server was not disabled, there was still the disabled server warning given.
- v5.1.1 -
- The auto deep scan option (Edit menu -> Properties -> Save/Unpack, Unpack, Auto, Deep scan) is now checked by default for databases created with the earlier versions (so no need to check it manually).
- Fixed a problem when auto deep scan was invoked and the article queue contained headers marked for download only without save.
- v5.1 -
- Flagged messages without article bodies will now expire and reset newsgroup will clear them.
- Added options to clear recent unpack folders: Edit menu->Delete history, Recent: Save folders, Recent: Unrar folders.
- Added option Edit menu -> Properties -> General, Purge deleted headers automatically either on newsgroup first load or newsgroup every load. There is also a check box to restrict the option only to the import group type. The option is useful especially for import group to prevent it from growing too big, you can set unlimited retention, set the headers to be deleted after download and save (Edit menu->Properties->Save/Unpack, Save, Saving attachments, Delete headers), then the deleted headers will be automatically purged using the option.
- Added option Edit menu -> Properties ->Search/Import, Import options, Collection name out of nzb file name, so the custom collection name will be derived from the nzb file name instead of the post subject.
- Added par2 set deep scan option. The deep scan option will scan files from the unpack pane in the same directory where the par2 set files are located and even when the files are both misnamed and corrupted, but have matched data blocks - they will be detected. In the unlikely case when all data files are corrupted it needs to be applied manually. The option is useful when downloading intentionally misnamed files with names which don't match the file names listed in the par2 set. It can be invoked manually in the task manager unpack pane context menu or automatically Edit menu -> Properties -> Save/Unpack, Unpack, Auto, Deep scan.
- Removed practical limit on the number of parts in a partial due to recently appearing posts which contain huge files as a single partial message by at least one mass poster. Because of previously existing limit of 10000 parts per partial such posts were ignored. The search service was updated to include those few missed files which were posted previously.
- The quick filter and search service bars are now autoresized to match the width of the program window.
- When replying to a post - the quoted reply length can be now set in Edit menu->Properties->Post, Truncate reply quote; when the field is empty the reply quote won't be truncated at all.
- When posting server is disabled, there will be a warning given.
- Added option to export headers into nzb file directly from the search results view context menu -> Advanced -> Export Headers.
- Added option Edit menu -> Properties -> Articles, Downloading bodies, Handle known obfuscated downloads. When enabled, in part certain mass posts using consistently corrupted yEnc encoding will be decoded without errors.
- Timer frequency for launching tasks etc. was increased to address high connection speeds which may results in higher download speed.
- Collection detection code refined.
- Updated the built-in kill filter.
- SSL library updated.
- Other refinements and fixes.
- v5.0.3 -
- Filters created in the filter editor containing "Messages" are collections/sets/partials/singles can be now applied to the search service results view.
- Added option "Edit menu->Properties->Search/Import, Import, Program startup, Open Import group on (program) start".
- Expiration warning code was accidentally disabled, now it is working again with additional improvements.
- Small fixes.
- v5.0.2 -
- Fixed a problem with custom collections when the custom collection contained a relatively rare mix of headers (e.g. a single set with file numbers along with other files without file numbers). The problem was more prominent in v5.0+ and much less likely in earlier versions. Nevertheless the prior releases were updated as well.
- v5.0.1 -
- Updated the built-in kill filter.
- Bug found in the Rar 5.0 unrar code, when incorrect password, Rar with encrypted file names and delete files after successful unrar checked in properties - the downloaded files were deleted after the unsuccessful unrar. As the code was added long time ago in v4.6 and didn't change since then (the bug was never reported) - it also affects v4.7+ (upgraded from 4.7.3 to 4.7.4) and v4.9+ (upgraded from 4.9.7 to 4.9.8).
- v5.0 -
- Server bandwidth counters can now count beyond 4TB.
- Added the option "Reset bandwidth counters on program start" in the tasks menu.
- "Detect passworded rar files" option in edit menu->articles->properties has been now updated to work with the Rar v5.0 format.
- The group kill filter in edit menu->properties->search can be now disabled with a check box without deleting the filter expression itself.
- Added option to pause the console content update in the console context menu ("Pause"), so it is now possible to lock the current content and scroll the console when the content was changing too fast.
- Added built-in kill filter which discards known spam streams which are difficult to define in a regular filter. The filter can be disabled in edit menu->properties->kill filters, built-in kill filter. The filter can be updated on user requests followed by a minor release.
- Updated the default "Recoverable errors" edit control content in edit menu->properties->tasks, as the previous default expression didn't catch error messages when the connection limit was exceeded for some servers and realizing there is the need to change it manually is not so apparent.
- The search service code was significantly upgraded to work with more compact search service server side format, but for now it won't be engaged on the server side.
- Sometimes par2 sets in search results were shown incomplete while they were complete upon import headers.
- The options "Keep system on while the program is running / tasks are running" in the tasks menu were accidentally disabled starting with some previous version.
Release history v4.x
Release history v3.x
Release history v2.x
Release history v1.x
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group