Feature request IRT Console

dcthom

Feature request IRT Console

Post by dcthom »

Alex,
I'm a long-time user, infrequent nagger ;-)

Occasionally I'll get errors from my news servers. When I do, the Console screen updates so fast I cant read the messages. The only workaround I've found is to pause the entire download (short duration but ruins the "work flow"). Would you be able to implement a "pause live scrolling" -type control to the Console window? Perhaps a right-click (along with "clear") or a button. I would not want to stop the messages from coming in, just allow me to move the slider back to previous messages and not keep dropping to the last received message.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave
alex

Re: Feature request IRT Console

Post by alex »

Sorry for delay in reply.

If the console page is not scrolled to the bottom - it should hold the current position it is not what you are seeing?

There is also maximum number of lines it contains, I think around 1000, then it may start scrolling, I'll check if it is implemented right and reply later.

You can clear the console and then scroll it up a bit.
alex

Re: Feature request IRT Console

Post by alex »

I checked, the number of lines is 1000, after it reaches the maximum lines it will scroll always.

This behavior doesn't make sense to change, since e.g. if you are near the beginning it will start scrolling really fast, if you are further, it will take little more time, but will be scrolling then.

So what I will do I'll add a pause option in the context menu of the console view, which will stop adding messages to the view until you uncheck it. As the view is no more being updated it won't be scrolled automatically.