Feature Request: Auto Download&Save (autocreate folder)...

tijgert

Feature Request: Auto Download&Save (autocreate folder)...

Post by tijgert »

When downloading archives they are often named in random characters to foil DMCA.
The subdir those files are saved to with Auto Download&Save will be named after the .nzb file which is usually the correct name and so there is no confusion what mysterious movie sdkfhsjklfghsjlhfgsdfg.mkv is as it is saved and unpacked in the subdir with the actual name of the movie. This works real well.

But now I want to download it on the normal download drive but then have it unpack automatically to another (possibly larger) drive.
There is no option to name the new subdir the archive is unpacked to the same as the .nzb file, but only to name it after the .rar name which is usually gibberish.
The 'Derive name after rar' is thus often quite useless.

As a much wanted and appreciated suggestion please add the option to 'Derive name after .nzb' for the Unrar to subdir option.

I'm curious to hear what you think.
alex

Re: Feature Request: Auto Download&Save (autocreate folder).

Post by alex »

There is no nzb name at that point.

What maybe we can do is to name the unrar directory after the custom collection (which can be named after the nzb file name), I'll check it out.
tijgert

Post by tijgert »

That would work just as well and would enable users to choose to save several download 'marathons' in varying folders and still have the correct name.
/Thumbs up
alex

Post by alex »

I've sent you pm with the link to 32 bit version. Check if it works as intended.

Look at the unrar to subdir options in save/unpack properties, I added some help also (the question sign button).
tijgert

Post by tijgert »

Seems to work!