QuickParMonitor

PietPuk

QuickParMonitor

Post by PietPuk »

Hello,

I have written a little program and decided to share it with you guys.
It is not very easy to use (it works with commandline parameters only), but I think Usenet Explorer-users can handle it :)
If you don't want it, don't need it or use i.y.o. better alternatives, please don't bother me about it.

What the program mainly is intended to do is to monitor a specific QuickPar-window and wait for the title to become "All Data Verified" or "Repair Succeeded" and then extract the rars.
Because of the English window-titles, it works only with the English version of QuickPar.
As usual, more and more options were needed, which ment more commandline-parameters and the result became

QuickParMonitor.exe filename.par2 [/extract|/extractto[path]] [/append] [/norardelete] [/nopardelete] [/nowait]] [/shutdown]

/extract Display a directory browse dialog box
/extractto Will extract filename.rar (or filename.part01.rar , etc.. ) with WinRAR to a specified Folder
path Specifies the folder to extract to (defaults to Folder with archives)
/append Appends "filename\" (without extension) to path
/norardelete No deletion of archives after successful extraction (defaults to delete)
/nopardelete No deletion of par2,nzb,sfv &md5 files after repair/verification (defaults to delete)
/nowait Do not wait for other WinRAR extractions to finish (defaults to wait)
/shutdown Turns PC off (and, if /extractto specified, runs WinRAR in background first)

filename.txt Opens filename.txt and executes QuickMonitor.exe on each separate line.

A readme.txt, with all options explained, is included
Last, but not least, is has no install. Just use it.

Download here
alex

Post by alex »

actually i'm building it now into UE par2 as native code and rar compiling their source code within the project statically.

but when it is ready probably we'll need to refine the logic how it should work, with the options probably you know better than me :)

there is unpack test group i added you there tests will start in not so long time.
PietPuk

Post by PietPuk »

I wasn't aware of the fact you were working on implementing this into UE and will be happy to help you by being one of the testers.
I am really curious to the result!
PietPuk

QuickParMonitor

Post by PietPuk »

For who's interested: there is a new version with even more confusing commandline-parameters