[REQ] Subscribe to newsgroup auto-adds supported servers

epicurus

[REQ] Subscribe to newsgroup auto-adds supported servers

Post by epicurus »

Hello,
First some thumbs up for Alex Birj for this great and powerful program. I'm new to this forum, i'm glad I found it some time ago, despite a bandwidth cap by my ISP. :roll:

When subscribing to a newsgroup from the Newsgroup List all servers are added from the server list, whether enabled or disabled. Would it be possible to only add the servers from the server list that host that particular newsgroup, e.g. pressing F2 on a newsgroup in the newsgroup list shows the supported server list. Either by an general option, menu option or default, whatever suits best. It would improve all-over connections by skipping the servers that not host the newsgroup.
blackdog56

Post by blackdog56 »

I am not sure I completely follow. When you press F2 it will show you the servers that have the article that you have selected and not the newsgroup. By default, the general settings are set to detach the server if the group is not present on it, so the first time that you get headers and the group is not found on a server, that server is detached.
alex

Post by alex »

yes, no need, one doesn't always download newsgroup lists for all servers and servers which don't contain the newsgroup will be detached automatically.
epicurus

Post by epicurus »

ok, i agree, servers are removed anyways as blackdog56 mentioned, if they don't host the particular group.
to cap or not to cap