Icon colors and message selection

Rodent

Icon colors and message selection

Post by Rodent »

The icon for multipart posts and the one for downloaded attachments has the same color and look very much alike, and it's easy to overlook a downloaded attachment in a row of multiparts posts. How about making the color of the attachment icon a bit darker green, and the mulitpart icon more yellow? Then it would be easier to discern them from each other.

Also, when I scroll through a large group there are often certain headers that I want to take a closer look at later, but it can be difficult to remember them or exactly where they are in the group. What I really miss here is the ability to copy selected headers to a seperate window or folder.

If the headers would remain there also when NewsPro is closed and reopened (that is, until I delete them myself or they expire) it would be even better. Sort of like the Global Message Filter but where you select the headers you want included yourself, instead of searching on keywords.

Rodent
Josef K

Re: Icon colors and message selection

Post by Josef K »

Rodent wrote:The icon for multipart posts and the one for downloaded attachments has the same color and look very much alike, and it's easy to overlook a downloaded attachment in a row of multiparts posts. How about making the color of the attachment icon a bit darker green, and the mulitpart icon more yellow? Then it would be easier to discern them from each other.
A workaround is to select the Body checkbox on the filter bar which would display fully or partially downloaded bodies.
Rodent wrote:Also, when I scroll through a large group there are often certain headers that I want to take a closer look at later, but it can be difficult to remember them or exactly where they are in the group. What I really miss here is the ability to copy selected headers to a seperate window or folder.

If the headers would remain there also when NewsPro is closed and reopened (that is, until I delete them myself or they expire) it would be even better.
There are two ways:

Flag the headers you want to look at later and check Flag on the filter bar.

Export the headers to an .NZB and re-import them and they'll all appear in the import group.
Bert

Post by Bert »

There is no filterbar in NewsPro and nothing can be flagged either ;-)

But what I do if I want to remember certain headers:

- call the filte box (ctrl-s)
- type in 1 or more words which all those headers have in common.
- click "Ban"

Then they will dissappear out the list. When deleting all headers in the group, they won't be deleted. After deleting reset the filter (ALT-R) and they will be shown again. This a standard way of working for me in Newspro. Ban what you want to keep and delete the rest.
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

Bert wrote:There is no filterbar in NewsPro and nothing can be flagged either ;-)
Hmm... Yes. I must have been thinking of... something else.
Rodent

Post by Rodent »

Josef K wrote:
Bert wrote:There is no filterbar in NewsPro and nothing can be flagged either ;-)
Hmm... Yes. I must have been thinking of... something else.
Well I know what you was thinking of now, after a conversation with Alex ;)

Thanks for your replies, will check out your suggestion...

Rodent