Adding header export - v3.73

alex

Adding header export - v3.73

Post by alex »

I'm improving things a bit (more comprehensive xml parser) and adding the export function for headers.

If you have anything regarding import/export let me know now since I'm planning to finish that and switch to other aspects of the project.
alex

Post by alex »

here is a version with more generic xml parser (preparing for more generic .nbz form generated by others than newzbin, e.g. export functions or other indexing services):

<snip - see the current release>
uc2k2

Post by uc2k2 »

Thanks Alex. Will test the export-function. The new import/export functionality improves NewsPro again!
alex

Post by alex »

i'm only adding export for .nzb, i think it is enough in the meantime, also both binnews and newzbin can generate it.

Post by Guest »

If you have anything regarding import/export let me know now since I'm planning to finish that and switch to other aspects of the project.
Can you add an option to automatically name the exported nzb file using the date of the oldest header being exported and part of the subject line.

examples:

yyyy-mm-dd-first 50 characters of the oldest header.nzb

2004-01-12-Return of the King.SVCD.DVDrip [01/57] - rotk.nzb

I'd also like an option to export the headers directly into the import folder.
alex

Post by alex »

this is a version with the export function, check it for some unlikely case (it is simple to add so less probability of introducing something wrong):

the function is in the context menu, "more->export selected headers" with shortcut shift+e and in the import/export menu (renamed from just import).

i'll make a release shortly (now version autoupdate will be set).

i'm not sure about export into the import group directly, it looks artificial, but i added the automatic file name while saving.
jaapf

Post by jaapf »

alex wrote:this is a version with the export function, check it for some unlikely case (it is simple to add so less probability of introducing something wrong):

http://www.netwu.com/newspro/npr3724.zip

the function is in the context menu, "more->export selected headers" with shortcut shift+e and in the import/export menu (renamed from just import).

i'll make a release shortly (now version autoupdate will be set).

i'm not sure about export into the import group directly, it looks artificial, but i added the automatic file name while saving.
Looks great, and works like a charm.....
I posted the direct link in the Dutch Newspro Forum, complete with a small user-manual in Dutch. Sure you don't mind :wink:
andreasfc

Post by andreasfc »

I do have a minor problem, the file it's default extension is rar, shouldn't that be nzb?

[update]
Works oke though, made a mistake by not renaming the default text which was in there

Thanx again for the export function Alex
Maximum

Post by Maximum »

Works fine here, even with a lot headers (66000) it's done in a few secs.
Maybe you should put: created by NewsPro in the xml file?
So it's clear for users with what program it's created :)
alex

Post by alex »

andreasfc wrote:I do have a minor problem, the file it's default extension is rar, shouldn't that be nzb?
i'll add .nzb in the end of the file name to fix that, since if there is something looking as extension windows will use it and not default.

also i'll put a comment in the end that the file has been created by newspro.
alex

Post by alex »

in addition to the said above i made it to extract newsgroup names form article bodies when available, the reason is for already downloaded attachments export is most probably for sharing so it better to contain as much as possible.

since reading article body (full header) usually needs opening a file the export operation on headers with bodies (but not otherwise) will be slower (you can see that these are only file accesses since when you invoke it in the second time it is extremely fast because files are cached), still i thought it is better to include the article newsgroups when intention is sharing, also not every part is opened but only one per partial message.

it looks like final regarding export.
alex

Post by alex »

so i released it as v3.73;

as to reading bodies to fill newsgroup names into .nzb i made it an option (newspro doesn't use newsgroup names, but if the fie is intended for human reading / sharing better check it).
alex

Post by alex »

in the last moment (after 1 hour) i added importing .nzb files with dates (newspro exports file with dates too), just someone reminded me.

Post by Guest »

Alex, thanks so much for the new nzb import/export support and import group. I was considering using another newsreader with nzb support as a backup but now Newspro does it all as usual.

And the new import group makes an excellent download management queue. When I find something I want to download, I just export the headers and immediately import them so that everything I want to download is in the import group. It's a real time saver. Now I can just open the import group real quick before leaving for the day and mark more articles for download rather than opening each newsgroup and searching for the articles that I want to download.
rtwo

Post by rtwo »

If I do a Xpat search to a group called #xpat and try to export it to a .nzb file, the group list in the .nzb file shows:

<groups>
<group>#xpat</group>
</groups>

This gives problems when I try to share this file, it needs to be:

<groups>
<group>alt.binaries.misc</group>
</groups>

I tried to select: "use bodies to fill group names for export" under the Import/Export Tab, but it gives me the same result.

Am I missing something???

Using the latest version 3.73