Headers only from a server

Oblomov

Headers only from a server

Post by Oblomov »

Hi,

I have a little problem. I have one payserver, news.octanews.com, which I only want to use for xpat searching, because its very fast on that server and I can use all the other bandwidth for my downloading servers. The problem is that when something is unavailable on any servers, newspro downloads the last things from my payserver, which as priority 1, and so is nibbeling away my bytes from my paserver. Is there a way to setup newspro so that it only gets headers from a server and no bodies? I would rather repair incompletes with par2 then use my payserver.

Greetings,
Oblomov
alex

Post by alex »

in the servers pane you can detach from the server all newsgroups but the xpat groups you are using for searching.

otherwise why you need headers if you don't want to download bodies even when they are not on the rest of servers.

it could be added as related to msg-id direct if it makes some sense.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov »

The problem is, i don't want to use my payserver for downloads, because i can only download 4 gigs from it. However, headers are free, so ige my headers from there and the bodys from other servers. Sometimes, these servers have not yet received the bodies, or it is just incomplete, so newspro will start downloading bodies from that payserver, what will cost me money. If something is incomplete on the other servers, i just want to save the incompletes and repair them with par2-files.
I just don't want to download from my payserver ever, because then i can get headers fast and free for ever!
alex

Post by alex »

ok i'll add that in the next release in the msg-id direct area (suppress headers / suppress bodies), it is easy.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov »

Thank you very much!!